Saturday, October 12, 2019

.road trip across the country.

I'm moving!

this plan for moving has been slowly in motion for years. I set a deadline for myself last summer since I don't want to be stuck in my hometown forever. I enjoy my hometown and think it's great, but I need a change.

the original plan was to move up north on the west coast, only a short flight from home. deadline was summer 2020. (I apparently have a deep fear of born-living-dying all in one place. my therapist said to use it as a motivator instead of being frozen by anxiety.)

the plan shifted earlier this year. first the location changed from northwest to southeast. then the timeline was bumped up from summer 2020 to the beginning of the new year.

that's right folks: I'm moving to the east coast in january 2020!

why? you might ask. 
(if you're really asking, we really need to catch up.)

because I would like to date my partner in the same state.


for the whole of 2019, our relationship has been long-distance.
my favorite picture of us
san francisco, ca
facetime dates
the situation has had some silver linings, like we both get to be closer to our families, we get to know each other a bit better before one of us uproots our entire life, there's more time to evaluate a situation vs. having an immediate reaction, and we each have gotten a fair amount of travel time to see each other.
yosemite, ca
orlando, fl
monterey, ca
pahoa, hi
but I'm really looking forward to being in the same general area with my partner for a long-term time, versus only sharing the same space for a few days to perhaps a few weeks at a time.

I plan to track the move across the country here, so if you'd like to stay tuned, stick around.

this is the first time I'm moving since I was six (and that move was across town). if you're thinking about moving soon, or getting ready to move out to somewhere brand new, I might be able to share some insight to prepare you.
current route
if you've moved lots before, let me know! if you've done a cross-country roadtrip before, let me know! share your wisdom.

until next time,
emily renee

No comments:

Post a Comment